Tuesday, March 14, 2006

NO "SOPRANOS," "24" SPOILERS, PLEASE!!!

For those who do not know yet, by this time next week I will finally have arrived in theater. I'll try to explain in fuller detail why it took so long for me to get sent to Iraq (and why I'm inprocessing at my third Army post in less than two months) later in the week. But for now, I need to comment on a matter of the utmost gravity.

The previews of the new season of the Sopranos suggest that it will be one of the series greatest seasons. And the first half of "24" has already hooked me in from the few episodes I was able to catch in the barracks at Ft. Bragg. These are arguably the two greatest television dramas ever to be airing at the same time. (Steve, I assume you'll do the research on comparable pairs for a future bar room debate).

People have asked me what they can do to make my time in Iraq easier. Seeing as I will not have access to live television for at least the next six months, please, PLEASE, do not reveal any details of the new season of "The Sopranos" or the second half of this season's "24" in any emails! (Yes, there is that whole "check up on Marya and David" thing, but if someone emails to ask me what I think of Jack Bauer turning out to be a Chinese agent all along, or about how amazing it was that Tony had Junior knocked off to keep him testifying against Johnny Sack, I'll REALLY be demoralized).

Thank you for your support on this one, now I just have to avoid reading the entertainment section of the newspaper for a year and I'll be just fine.