Tuesday, June 13, 2006

President Bush Visits Baghdad

By now, everybody probably knows President Bush was here in Baghdad today.

No, I didn't "officially" know beforehand that he was coming, although there were hints that made me suspect he might be visiting us.

Yes, I did get to shake his hand and say hello. I also was able to spend a few moments speaking to National Security Advisor Stephen Hadley, who was my boss when I was called to active duty last fall.

I'll write more about the event with the President itself tomorrow. Waiting in line and attending the President's speech to the troops and Embassy staff overrode dinner tonight, and I need to go to "Midnight Chow" at the Dining Facility. (Also, to be honest, the excitement of the day has worn me out a bit).

More details (including pictures!) to follow . . .